So excited to introduce you to possibly the most fun, innovative blogger, master crafter and designer out there Cassie and her family from Hi Sugarplum. I’m always in awe of her endless stream of fantastic DIY’s and ideas for your home! Thanks for participating Cassie!!
Hi guys! I’m Cassie from Hi Sugarplum! I am beyond thrilled to be hanging out here today. My obsession adoration for Jill and her talent is kind of embarrassing. Every color choice she makes amazes…and inspires…me.
Her “10 Things” Series is one of my favorite in blogland, too. There is something so sweet and honest about a young person’s opinions. I asked my 10-year-old son to tell me his favorite things about his room, and it was funny to hear what he gravitated towards, and why! It was hard, but I kept quiet and let him do the talking.
But first, this was his reaction when seeing his new room for the first time! (We surprised him with a room makeover while he was visiting grandparents out of town last Summer.)
How’s that for a happy customer?! His joy made all the hard work worth it. Take it away, Jackson!
1) Magnetic strips and containers: I can keep my stuff up there and change it easily. And the magnet is really strong, so it’s cool to throw metal stuff at it.
2) Desk: It has a secret drawer!
3) Alarm clock: The orange is cool and it’s easy to set the alarm. I also like having brand new pencils.
4) Colors of the dresser: The brown and white look good together. My old one was so baby.
5) Wall Stripes: My friends always notice those first and say, “Whoa, cool wall!”
6) Giant Map: I use it all the time to find out where places are…and see where my parents are going when they take trips without me and my sister!!! (He was glaring at me when he said this.)
7) Shelf and Corkboard: Great place for my trophies and to stick stuff!
8) Giant Bed: I’ve always had the queen size, but now the comforter feels grown up.
9) Curtains: I like how they block the whole window and make my room dark when I close them. They also make a good roof when I build a fort.
10) It’s just cool!!! My old room was so baby that I was embarrassed! Now I love when my friends come over because they always tell me how cool my room is and wish they had one like it!
Thanks, Jackson, for your fun answers! And thanks, Jill, for allowing me to share on your rockstar blog today! My favorite part of the room? That I completed the full makeover for under $300!! Oh yeah. Check out all the projects and Before & Afters here.
19 thoughts on “10 things I Love about my Bedroom”
Jill — this is so fun! Thanks for having him over…he's going to love seeing it! You need to run one with Luke and his cool new room!
and ps — your intro of me was ridiculous…you're the master designer!! I'm just snagging your ideas! 🙂
Thank you for the kind words!
I like that he likes his room so much, what a great surprise for him! Great job Cassie! Janell
How cute is this?! Love it!! And love the room!
A Well Dressed Home
So fun!! Love his responses!!
Oh my gosh this is WAY too adorable. I love it!!! "So baby" is cracking me up! Great post, ladies.
So cute! You can tell how much he loves his room. Cassie, I can't believe you did this for under $300!!!! Amazing!
That's what it's all about. I love that he is so proud and has a space he loves so much. You are a rocks star mom, Cassie!
"My old one was so baby"! Ha – I love it! It's one of my all-time favorite kids spaces ever- and I love Like Like You- I need to start visiting more regularly for sure!!!!!
I've always loved this room! It's so fun looking at it through her son's eyes!
It's so awesome that you guys surprised him with this makeover! I love the stripes and I really adore the side table/desk beside the bed, great space saving idea!!!
Cassie really is such a fantastic and innovative blogger. What a fun post! My oldest is 6–right between "so baby" and big kid. Love this room!
such a fun post!
Came over from Cassie's. So great to hear his view on the room. Out of the mouths of babes, "And the magnet is really strong, so it’s cool to throw metal stuff at it." LOL
What a cutie! Enjoyed reading his reactions to his new room. The first pic is priceless. Well done, Mom.
I loved this! What a cute interview. I'd love replicate that with Oscar, though since he shares a room with his sister I have a feeling his answers won't be as full of excitement.. 🙂
Hoppas att allt ar bra.
This is adorable. I love hearing how thankful and appriciative he is.
Oops, meant appreciative!
Cute Cassie, I love the stripes. And your son is pretty adorable as well of course…
Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new
initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us
valuable information to work on. You have done a marvellous job!